Wednesday 18 November 2009

18/Nov/09 - Confirmation!

I am so elated! I think, I finally have, a definitive confirmation, that the hill / mountain in my vision was definitely Arunachala - especially with regards to the message that somehow transmitted itself to me, that said -

'This is the place where no time and space exists!'

The confirmation being as follows -
(I came across this information on David Godman's website)

A devotee of Sri Ramana Maharshi was trying to convince Bhagwan to visit his native Chidambaram and the temple of Shiva therein. He tried to convince Bhagwan by citing that the Shiva-linga in Chindambaram was of more importance because it was the one that represented the element of 'Space' - and space contained the remaining four elements of earth, fire, water and air. And that the Shiva-linga in the Arunachala was one that represented the Fire.

On hearing this Bhagwan was known to have said that all the five elements are creations of the Shakti (the feminine energy) she is superior to them all. They can exist only when Shakti has lost her identification with Lord Shiva. Therefore more important is the place where Shakti merges than the place where all elements merge. Which in turn means that Space itself cannot exist because Shakti herself does not exist as herself any more - she has merged with the Supreme Lord herself!

Therefore it follows that no 'Space' exists in the Arunachala and consequently no 'Time'!

My faith needs nothing more than this to convince me - that the Mountain in my vision was indeed the sacred Arunachala!

I have been wondering - what is leading me on to this quest? Why am I on this so called 'spiritual' path? What am I seeking? The answer that comes to my mind - is well - to find answers! To fundamental questions, like, why was this universe created? Why are we here? What is the purpose of all creation? of humanity? Knowledge or ('Dnyan / Jnan' in sanskrit) -for me is the ultimate goal.

And again it is said -
'Arunachala is a secret kshetra. Because it is this place that bestows jnana and because most people have so many other desires and do not truly want jnana, Arunachala has always remained comparatively little known. But to those few who seek jnana, Arunachala always makes itself known through some means or other.'

(The above information has been taken from David Godman's website.)

And so it has...


No comments:

Post a Comment