Thursday 5 November 2009

4/11/09 - A Dream.

I am carrying a baby in my arms, holding it very close to my body, trying to protect it.
The baby is naked and I try to cover it, hug it, to protect it. That's the dominant emotion/feeling - protection, love, vulnerble. But the baby is not really mine, I am not the parent and yet the baby is dearer to me than any other.

The baby and I are in a house and then we are out of the house/apartment and we are lost. I ask for help, to find our house, we are shown another, apartment. As I stumble around, trying to go to this new apartment, the baby somehow falls from my arms and is caked in wet, claylike mud. I rush to scoop the baby back up in my arms and hold it close to my body, hugging it, trying to cover its naked body to protect it from the cold wind.

I carry the baby to this new house and start exploring it, making various comments on it, and baby- talking to the baby. The floor of the house is unfinished, the rooms are unfinished but I am satisfied, as its a bigger house. I look at the baby and coo at it and it laughs, and the sound fills me with joy. Suddenly i notice the baby has some jewellery on it! I also notice a small snake slithering away on the unfinished floor of the flat and feel relieved that it didn't harm the baby...

And with that relief, I wake up....

Analysis:
The baby could be the aspect of me that is vulnerable, I am feeling vulnerable - very likely considering the events that are currently unfolding in my life. A house is a very clear representation of the 'soul'. A baby seeking a home - hmmmm - the vulnerable aspect seeking protection and looking to a higher power, a desire for growth, knowledge. Seeking knowledge to seek relief from vulnerability and pain.........???

No comments:

Post a Comment