Sunday 22 November 2009

22/Nov/09 - Kundalini ?? (2)

- Then came the phase of intense kriyas. Often when I meditate or simply concentrate, energy in my body moves and gently but insistently pushes me into various postures which seem to be various yogic asanas. These are fluid and graceful – if I attempt to do these on my own, I am simply unable to do them and certainly with no grace what so ever! Now, I find, there are 'mudras' that happen spontaenously. My hands move gracefully of their own volition, with the fingers assuming various positions.

- I often searched for the images meaning of these 'mudras' on the net and have found various images, corresponding, to the Buddhist and yogic traditions in India. Apparently, these mudras cause an allignment and manipulation of energy fields around the body, corresponding to the various 'chakras' or energy centres around the body. I have through experienced that these postures have at various points concentrated on areas specifically associated with these so called chakras (and correspondingly at the positions various glands in our bodies). Its very interesting to note that these chakras and the glandular locations are almost identical -

(these of course are my own observations and conjectures and do not assert them as being the truth!)

- The 'Sahasrara' chakra at the top of the head seems to corresponds to the Hypothalamus, which isn't a gland in itself, but is responsible for controlling the endocrine glands.
- The 'Ajna' chakra between the eyes, corresponds to the location of the Pineal gland.
- The 'Vishuddha' chakra supposedly located at the throat, corresponding to the Thyroid gland.
- The 'Anahata' chakra at the Heart location seems to correspond to the 'Thymus'glands.
- The 'Manipura' chakra to the Pancreas at Solar Plexus and the
- 'Swadhistan' and 'Muladhar' chakra possibly to the adrenals and ovaries and testes.

And whenever these 'mudras' occured, they seemed to centre on each of the above locations and often there was an innate knowing that let me know that it was all for my benefit - that these 'functions' were being corrected in some way.

And one of the most amazing aspects of all this is the presence of vision of what I call the 'Inner Guru' - split second before a mudra would occur, I could 'see', a pair of beautiful , lavender-blue, hands performing the mudra! It was as if I was being guided, or rather my hands were being guided to perform those mudras!

I have no way of explaining any of this, all I can say, is that perhaps grace in some small measure has been granted to this undeserving person, who can only bow her head in total surrender and supplication......

No comments:

Post a Comment